Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Sicky-poo

One of my germ-toting children infected me with a wicked cold, so I will be home from school tomorrow. I'm OK with this though because I have a competent substitute coming in, so the kids won't lose a day of learning.

It was really quite silly. I'd been feeling crappy for a couple days, but I was trying to be a trooper. Finally, I was walking through the front office and the school nurse spotted me. She said, "You have a fever, I can tell." So, I had my temperature taken in the clinic for the first time since I was 8. A kid was in there and looked gobsmacked when he saw a teacher with a thermometer in her mouth. This reaction goes right along with the idea they have that teachers actually *live* at school. Anyway, the verdict was that I had a fever and reinforcements needed to be called for tomorrow. I'm really hoping that it snows and they don't have school so I don't have to use that sick day.

Thus, I will be in bed all day tomorrow. I've been in bed since 4:15 and I'm very excited to go back.

2 comments:

Justin said...

I'm selfishly glad that you're staying home because I'm hoping that it means you'll either post to your blog or have adventures that cause you to post on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Yes. At the very least, let us know what kind of soup you're having for lunch tomorrow.

Hope you feel better.