Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Holy Lord, I don't think I can take it anymore and then some good things, too.

I am having a VERY ROUGH WEEK. This week is making it hard for me to be nice to anyone and has sent me into fits and rants pretty much nonstop. Like earlier this week, I saw a copy of GoodHouseKeeping in the lounge with Tom Cruise on the cover. Well, we all now that PMS and Tom Cruise are a recipe for disaster. I spent about 10 minutes ridiculing his too-frequent use of the word magnificent. I was seriously out of breath by the time I was done.

My children have lost their minds. I must set a timer for everything they do, order their movements around with buzzers, and have them walk down the hall with their hands over their mouths. I don't like them very much right no, or my job for that matter. I'll tell you that Ross and I have opened the discussion for a possible career change on my part.

I went to the dentist today. I usually start flossing about 6 weeks before my appointment to make it look like I'm dilligent. Well, this time I didn't start flossing until this past Monday. They still told me I was doing a great job with the flossing. Chumps. But yay for me!

I stole another picture from Jane. What you see below is the group of lovely ladies who knitted for the Red Scarf Project. Notice how my head is tilted up as to not show my double chin.


I finally get to have my hair hilighted on Friday. I know how spoiled that sounds but the naturally mousy color of my hair does not help my mood.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

As a former teacher who made a career change mid-school year, I wholeheartedly recommend that you do it if things continue to suck.

Val said...

I just have no clue what I would do. You were an english major, what do you do now? Can you recommend me for a job based solely on our Internets knowledge of each other?

Anonymous said...

a teacher who hates her job? i would not want you to teach my kid...i'm just sayin'....

Anonymous said...

Anonymous, maybe you should home school your kids then.

Eric said...

When I read "English Major" it reminded me of a teacher I had last year who taught a class on Grant Writing. Basically, she was an English Major who decided one day to quit her job and go out on her own... She does her own thing - basically she helps non-profits get grants. Who better to write grants all day than an English Major. She also gets a couple of bucks teaching at VCU. Anyway, I'm always inspired by those who stop working for the man...

Kristin said...

Yes. Shoot me an email at kristin@jimisonlaw.com and I will tell you my story of leaving teaching.

Unknown said...

You could be a writer. I think you would make a very good children's author.