Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Good day

Today my kids had to do their Knights of the Round Table presentations. They had to come in costume and do an oral presentation in order to convince King Arthur (me) to give them an invitation to join his knights. It was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. They went all out and there was much aluminum foil everywhere.

This evening marked our first "History Night" following last year's "Math Night." It was called "Virginian Idols" and we had people dressed up as all kinds of historic Virginians. We served a barbecue dinner and my awesome older brother provided the entertainment. The 5th grade teachers acted as Idol Security, meaning we were crowd control. We all wore white shirts, black ties, and sunglasses. I looked kind of like a lesbian. But hey, the people listened to me. It was a good time had by all.

I just realized that I spent 12 hours at work today. That means I will be *back* at work very soon. I must go to sleep soon. Half day tomorrow though because of my trip to the doctors to investigate the mysterious boob/chest problem!

No comments: