Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I am an idiot.

So we all know that I've pulled a muscle in my chest, blah blah, blah. Well, you'd think after talking about it so much I'd realize that I'd be more aware of it in my everyday life. No. I'm not. In fact, I believe I've pushed myself even further since my doctor told me to take it easy.

Case in point: yesterday. Ross has been begging for some low-riding book shelves to sit next to our low-riding bed. Being the wonderful wife that I am, I decided to take care of the problem yesterday since it was a half-day at school. I went to Target and found a very cheap and very workable answer to my husband's request. So, I loaded them up in my cart, then loaded them into my car, then loaded them out of my trunk, them loaded them up to my porch, then loaded them up the stairs. Lots of loading, as you can see.

About 2 hours after everything was put together, I started to feel that slight twinge that had been plaguing me for the last few weeks. The twinge then turned into a throb which turned into an invisible person punching me in the chest. Then I said, "I am an idiot."

I woke up today and had a ridiculously hard time physically getting myself out of bed. It hurt to raise my arms to wash my hair in the shower. Putting on a shirt almost killed me. I smell like Icy/Hot. It's gonna be a great day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

icy/ hot is quite wonderful however. remember when i woke up in atl when we were there for amanda's wedding with the worst neck cramp ever?? it cured that. miracle drug i tell you.