Monday, January 29, 2007

Oscar Poll.

Ross, Susan, Justin, and I are in a battle to the death. Whoever gets the most Oscar picks correct wins food-my favorite kind of reward. Picks aren't due until tomorrow at 10am but I'm doing this now because I am, well, WORKING at 10am. Justin has devised some genius points system that causes the skin around my skull to almost split because my brain doesn't understand it. He works for Capital One, so I figure he knows what he's doing in the whole math/statistics arena.

We are required to pick for all 20-something categories. Some of my picks are based on my actual experiences with the movies or my understanding of the award show trends. The rest will be pulled out of my bottom. So, here we go, here we go now...

  1. Actor in a Leading Role: Forest Whitaker-The Last King of Scotland
  2. Actor in a Supporting Role: Mark Wahlberg-The Departed
  3. Actress in a Leading Role: Hellen Mirren-The Queen
  4. Actress in a Supporting Role: Jennifer Hudson-Dreamgirls
  5. Animated Feature Film: Cars
  6. Art Direction: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
  7. Cinemtography: Children of Men
  8. Costume Design: Dreamgirls
  9. Directing: The Departed
  10. Documentary Feature: An Inconvenient Truth
  11. Documentary Short: The Blood of Yingzhou District
  12. Film Editing: United 93
  13. Foreign Language: Pan's Labyrinth
  14. Makeup: Pan's Labyrinth
  15. Music (Score): Babel
  16. Music (Song): Love you I do from Dreamgirls
  17. Best Picture: The Departed
  18. Short Film (Animated): No Time for Nuts
  19. Short Film: (Live Action): Binta and the Great Idea
  20. Sound Editing: Blood Diamond
  21. Sound Mixing: Dreamgirls
  22. Visual Effects: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
  23. Writing (Adapted Screenplay): Notes on a Scandal
  24. Writing (Original Screenplay): Little Miss Sunshine
Some of these selections are who I think *should* win and who I think *will* win. I had to put some of the shoulds in there because maybe me putting it out there will help them out. I'm not really concerned about doing well on this poll, though. My contribution to the winner are pigs and a blanket which I love making/eating/eating all of them.

3 comments:

Justin said...

We only disagree on nine of them! And only on 23 points worth! This will be one close contest, I can tell already.

Susan Howson said...

I did that too, I mean voting for ones that I wanted to win so badly, I couldn't bring myself to not vote for them.

I sort of love to be angry at the Academy.

Val said...

Yeah me, too. I want an award loser to stand up and scream "I WOULD LIKE THE ACADEMY TO SUCK IT!"