Saturday, January 06, 2007

"Are you expecting?"

"Do you have something to tell us?"
"Any good news for us yet?"

No. No there is no "good news" unless you are referring to the fact that I'm now very good at knitting with doulbe pointed needles or that it's quite warm out. I am not pregnant. Not. pregnant. And thanks for constantly reminding me of the fact that I'm not.

Ok, I really don't want to be harsh, it's just kind of frustrating to constantly be asked if you are pregnant when A) you want to be, B) aren't, and C) probably won't be anytime soon because we currently consider going to Taco Bell as a fancy excursion.

It's really kind of absurd how often I get asked this question. My response is always, "No, why?" Here are some reasons I've been given:

"Well, you're hair is brown and it used to be blonde, so...."
"You're 25." (?!?!??!?!?!?!!)
"You started knitting."
"You go to the bathroom a lot."

I was always under the impression that ovulation + sex + fertilization = pregnancy.
But, apparently not coloring your hair, having a birthday, getting a hobby, and having a small bladder can make you pregnant, too. Watch out, ladies.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I get asked the same thing too. A lot. It started when we'd been married a year. It's like come on, give us a little time...

Robinitaface said...

Give YOU a little time??? I've been married just over two months, and I'm already supposed to have had twins!