Monday, January 01, 2007

Off to a good start...

So New Year's was really fun. The hubs and I went up to Fxburg to spend it with Matt and Maura. Maura and I spent some time knitting while the boys played some video games. Chris joined us for dinner and much drinking. We actually managed to stay up until 2 (the last couple years we have gone to bed at 12:15) with the help of candy and online purity tests. In case you're curious, I was the most pure and Matt had a very scandalous score.

I got woken up by the best alarm clock ever: Matt and Maura's kitten, Elee, lying on my back and purring. It's better than being ripped from your sleep by a yelping dog or a buzzing alarm.

Ross and I drove home after a quick breakfast (I skipped eating - it turns out that 5 glasses of wine don't necessarily agree with me) and napped through most of the rain. He took off at around 2 to watch football with MattWhite while I puttered around the house for awhile.

Eventually I made it to the gym where I had a really good workout. I know I'm overdue for a day off-I've been reading a lot of stuff about how you can over-train to the point where your metabolism can actually slow down or something (Kate, Alicia, is this true?). I'm actually kind of sad that I won't be going to the gym tomorrow.

Back to school in the morning. I'm excited to see the kids and get back into the swing of things. Hopefully they're all ready, too.

No comments: