Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006: A year in review

Professional:
  • 100% pass rate on Science, Reading, and Writing SOLs
  • Helped form the Kindness Committee at school which has been a huge success
  • Started to love teaching again (years 2 and 3 were chaotic and nondescript, respectively)
Personal:
  • Made some great new friends and got closer to old ones
  • Fell even more in love with Ross
  • Got a new brother
  • Got a new hobby which has given me more stress relief than any medication could
  • Finally dealt with some family issues-can't tell yet if they are resolved, but I think we are on the way
  • Learned once again that marriage requires you to make the decision to love your partner as best you can everyday-luckily for me that decision is usually not very hard to make
  • Became part of a new church that seems to be just what Ross and I have been looking for all along
  • Realized that Ross and I are growing up together quite nicely
Looking at this list I'm seeing that 2006 was a positive year. It wasn't perfect: there were losses and setbacks, but it's all part of the game, I guess. I'm not making any resolutions for next year. I feel like I'm on the right track at this point. However, I do hope that I spend next year loving people better and getting even more comfortable in my own skin.

Friends, I hope you all have a great New Year's Eve and I wish you many blessings for 2007.

5 comments:

J in Ric said...

My wife wants to know what the kidness commitee is?? She wants to join!!!

Happy New Years!

J in Ric said...

kindness... i meant kindness. drunk blogging is hard.

Anonymous said...

The kindness committee is something we do at my school. We are a "Work Hard, Be Kind" school. We have a song, pep rallies, T-shirts and bracelets for the kids. They love it.

Maura said...

It sounds infinitely healthier than the committee a male classmate suggested I join in the 6th grade: the Itty Bitty Titty Committee.

Unknown said...

David Singleton made me cry in the 5th grade by telling me that I was PRESIDENT of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee. It gives me some smug satisfaction to know that he still lives with his mom.