Sunday, February 18, 2007

Weekend Wrap Up...

Friday night: Started easy fingerless gloves, kept knitting until I finished one which meant staying up until 1:00am.

Saturday morning: Fed the dogs, went to the gym.

Saturday day: Interviewed Stewart over at The Yarn Lounge for a piece on West of the Boulevard News, napped.

Saturday night: Babysat Remus, ordered in from Carytown Burgers and Fries, watched 1/4 of Chariots of Fire but went upstairs because I couldn't understand anything those crazy Brits were saying, finished other fingerless glove, handed Remus off to his parents, went to bed.

Sunday morning: Slept through it.

Sunday afternoon: Woke up at noon (you can do that when you have no babies), went to Target to buy food processor and Dutch oven (when Ross says we need something, it's a responsibility, went to church.

Sunday night: Finished my article about Stewart, ate delicious French Onion soup (thank you, Brandon Eats), watched T.V., off to bed soon.

And now for the thing I love most this week...

Because I can't take a good picture to save my life, let me explain what this is. You might be able to see that it says "Murray's Hair Dressing Pomade." Maura gave Ross this awhile ago to tame his crazy moustache. Since Ross is not one for grooming so much, it was going unused. Now, many people rave about how easy short hair is. As a person with short hair, I will tell you that it is extremely easy if you've got the right product. After spending probably thousands of dollars on different pomades and waxes that must have been laced with gold considering their price, imagine my surprise when I discovered that this product was the best thing out there. The reason why I never got it before is because I'm so programmed by society I guess to not venture anywhere near the aisle in the drug store that displays products intended for African American hair. And you can't see in the picture, but there's a picture of a guy wearing a do-rag on the side of the container. So, honestly, it's not what I would have gone for first. But, Murray's Hair Dressing Pomade, I'm so glad you came into my life. You take me from looking like a nine year old boy to looking like a 25 year old lady with cute-ass hair. Thanks, Murray!

1 comment:

J in Ric said...

hey.. awesome article on the yarn lounge!