Friday, February 09, 2007

This is really getting ridiculous.

Every year we have kids from the middle school band, chorus, and orchestra come and perform for our little babies so they can have an idea of what electives will be available to them once they leave elementary school. This is usually pretty fun for us teachers because we get to see former students as they are struggling through their awkward phases. They come running up to you screaming and wanting hugs. Needless to say, if the screaming, hugging child is one you enjoyed, it can be a pretty nice reunion.

Well, I saw some really great kids today (I have taught some of the most beautiful children in the world, btw) and heard some really bad middle school music. I also got asked by two former students if I'm pregnant. I stared and them in horror and said, "No! Why?" I was so scared they were going to say, "Well, lady, you're a lot fatter now than you were when you were the boss of me." But no, instead they BOTH said INDEPENDENTLY OF EACH OTHER this:

"No, I just saw you standing there with your hands on your stomach."

What. the. hell.

No comments: