Saturday, February 24, 2007

Ok, seriously...

Does anyone else think that Britney Spears is *this* close from kicking the bucket, either by her own hand or by some crazy accident? What with the shaving the head and the in and out of rehab and the Kevin Federline being the stable parent, don't you feel like E! True Hollywood Story has just written out the script and she's following it? I feel like any day now I'm going to go to people.com and find out that she did herself off by drinking gasoline or something.

I'm going to feel really bad if that actually does happen. Probably a lot like how Michael Douglas felt after Princess Diana died and he said that the public wouldn't have the same reaction if Mother Teresa died. AND THEN SHE DID. AND THEN THEY DID. AND HE WAS A WRONG BUT JINXING MAN.

2 comments:

Justin said...

It's kind of crazy, because I remember being at the mega huge record store down at Disney World in 1999 and seeing the huge massive billboard for "Baby One More Time." And all of the guys were kind of amazed at seeing a 40-foot-tall Britney Spears looking down at them in a skirt.

I think it's pretty much been downhill from that point forward.

Justin said...

Here are some facts about "Baby One More Time":

* It is the best selling album of all time by a teenager in the US
* And also, the highest grossing of all time by a teenager IN THE WORLD.
* It is the only album recorded by a female with a single that went #1 at the same time as the album
* And all the men that did it were older than she was at the time
* It was on the Billboard top 10 for 51 weeks, the top 20 for 60 weeks, and the Billboard 200 for TWO YEARS

And my favorite Britney Spears fact, from the "Baby One More Time" wikipedia page:

In the song ...Baby One More Time, when the line "{w}ith you I lose my mind. Give me a s{ign}" is phonetically reversed you can hear "Sleep with me, I'm not too young."