Wednesday, February 07, 2007

FO I never shared

I don't think I've ever actually shown a knitting project that I've finished (an FO in the knitting world). So, here's one:

This is Remus in his "Remus Raggamuffin Hat." I got this idea one day when I was babysitting him. Remus is almost a year old so he's into everything. He kept finding all of his clothes, and every piece of clothing that he found I put on him and called him a raggamuffin. So, I decided to make a hat that would suit such a name. I have a bunch of odds and ends in my stash that I thought would work together. There's no rhyme or reason (i.e. pattern) for the hat, but I can tell you that I made it the size you would normally use for a child (not a baby, not a toddler, a CHILD-he has a big ol' head). It's hard to tell in the picture, but there's a green pom-pom on top which he has pulled off as of now. I fixed the hole and stitched a green star on the top instead. Ross always said pom-poms were for girls, anyway.

Also, notice that he's trying to get into the container holding my latest project. Maybe he will knit one day! Also also notice the drool lingering on his chin. I love him with my heart.

No comments: