Sunday, February 11, 2007

Early morning FO

I got the itch to finish some knitting tonight, so the Windy City scarf has been complete!

I obviously still need to weave in some loose ends, but that won't take long. I had this listed under my "current knits" as "modified" basically because I don't have the patience to make scarves as long as they should be. This one was done in seed stitch, which is only slightly less boring than garter stitch or stockinette stitch. I could only take so much of it. But, I think it still looks good. I also enjoyed figuring out how to make the slit in the scarf without using any help from a pattern. That seems to be my way of knitting: seeing something I like and then figuring out on my own how to do it. I will say that I have a new-found love for the stitch holder (please note that the aforeplaced link is by no means an endorsement for any particular store-I just wanted you to know what I was talking about.) Anyway, here I am with Windy in all my sleepy glory:

As you can see from the content and quality of the picture, I'm very sleepy. The price we pay for a creative outlet.

1 comment:

Amy said...

lovely scarf!