Friday, December 08, 2006

Just a suggestion…

So yesterday I had jury duty. It was fairly painless, but I still need to call in every Wednesday of this month to see if I need to go back. I was excused before even going into the selection/courtroom because two of the cases on schedule were dismissed. So while that made for an easy, short morning for me, I still might have to go back.

Anyway, while sitting outside of the selection room, I got a glimpse of the people there to participate in cases. First of all, I think I hate lawyers. Or maybe I just know that they know that I’m not as smart as them, so rather than be intimidated, I just transform that into hatred.

Also, and I don’t mean to be rude, but, I mean, if you’re going to court because you have been charged with a crime, it might be a good idea to, oh, I don’t know, tuck your shirt in. Or maybe comb your hair. How about taking a shower? Maybe, don’t look like you spent the entire night awake smoking meth. But, again, I’m just making a suggestion.

No comments: