Saturday, December 09, 2006

We Catrows know how to throw down.

I ended up missing my school's annual Christmas party (which I just realized I haven't been to once in my four years there) because we needed to throw Ross a birthday party. Ross is the more extroverted of the two of us and LOVES hanging out, but for some reason, we've only had parties for my birthday. So, it was overdue.

I must say it was the easiest party we've ever thrown because all it involved was sending out a couple emails telling people when to show up and that they better bring beer because, for God's sake, the Catrow family was not going to be buying anymore beer for anyone, especially when it's Ross's birthday. Our friends listen very well (or hate being places without beer) because come with beer they did. Lots of it. And we revelers drank it all. Actually, I think Jennifer Murphy drank most of it, but hey, who's counting.

Let's just say my stomach still hurts from spending the entire night laughing. So many people that we love so much were there (not all of them, for sure, but lots) that it almost didn't matter that our downstairs is only slightly warmer than the blustery outdoor air. There was lots of Wii playing, much singing along to Queen, and Jake even went under our house for us to turn off the pipe that runs our house so it wouldn't freeze. I'm not sure why he did this during our party, but I wasn't going to argue because I sure as hell wasn't going under there. And we all know Ross wasn't.

Everyone cleared out at around 2:30am. I hadn't seen 2:30am since college. But I went to bed thoroughly exhausted and feeling happier and more loved than I had in a long time. And it wasn't even my birthday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, what a night. I truly had the 'stupids' today. Just for the record, I think it was more a case of thinking I had the same tolerance at 26 as I did when I was 21. Boy was I wrong. And I'm still laughing about what Ross said to James as we were on our way out the door. HA! Didn't think I'd remember, did ya!

Val said...

What I remember is you responding to Ross's suggestion by saying, "Let's do it!"

Anonymous said...

yey...thanks for adding me!!! ~Fat Anna