Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve Eve and Christmas Eve

The Christmas holidays have gotten off to a spectacular start. Ross and I spent the evening alone which happens about as often as Halley's comet graces us with its presence. We cooked beef tenderloin in the crockpot and played Scrabble and Dominoes. All of that sounds like we're 85 years old until I tell you that whilst playing these games we kissed a lot AND watched Kill Bill vols. 1 and 2. I must say, while I loved the movies independently, watching one right after the other is amazing.

Ross and I woke up this morning before 10, only so we could get to McDonald's in time for breakfast. We came home, got real fat, and then opened our presents. I got a Dust Buster (I asked for it, seriously), Amy Sedaris's entertaining book, and a pair of fancy boots (which will have to be sent back because they are too small, but I'm more deeply in love with Ross than ever for even trying to buy me shoes). I also got lots of deodorant in my stocking, as well as a toothbrush, dental floss, and candy.

Ross got an NCAA official football (because he's 8), a copy of Moby Dick, and the Stuffed Cougar cookbook so he can make me dinner. He too got deodorant in his stocking, as well as candy, a spatula, and, the pis de resistance (I have no idea how to spell it and I prefer to say it like that anyway): plastic army men and a T-rex to be part of our nativity scene (pictures to follow soon, I'm sure).

Today will consist of me not cleaning up the mess from last night's dinner, Ross throwing the new football around with Justin Morgan, us going to church, and then dinner/presents at Ross's parents. I hope I get more deodorant.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Too funny! And you know you're a true Richmonder if you have a Stuffed Cougar cookbook!

Justin said...

What? That NCAA football was a sweet present for you to get us. I mean, him.