Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Why you should go to Gold's gym*

*This blogger is a real person, not a paid actor.


I am in love love love with having a gym. Maybe this is because I have a really nice gym. Granted, the only gym I have to compare it to is the fitness center at U of R, which, let's be honest, I only went to like 3 times in my four years there. Anyway, I love my gym. To the point where I kind of want to be there all of the time.


When I signed up at Gold's they asked me what I wanted out of a gym. I said I wanted it to be safe, clean, and for the people to be friendly. That's all. Not a particularly tall order but, hey, I'm a girl who knows what she wants. Anyway, Brad (my super-nice orientation guy who sent me a thank you letter for joining-I like to think that he doesn't do that for everyone) said that I would definitely get that there. AND BOY WAS HE RIGHT!

Watch out, friends, here comes a list. Why I lovey love love my gym:

  • PARKING LOT IN THE CITY.
  • Big, huge spotlight shining down in said parking light like a beacon from God saying, "You will not get attacked at a place as magnificent as this."
  • TVs on the treadmills. Hello. This makes exercising easy like Sunday morning, rather than like you are walking/running to your death.
  • Said treadmills go up to an incline of 50%. Amazing. I'm gonna say it, my butt is looking more fabulous than ever, and that's saying a lot considering what a fan I already was of my posterior.
  • Sauna in the ladies' lockeroom. I haven't used it yet but I love knowing it's there!
  • Free classes. That's right. Free. And no signing up.
  • No kids. We all know I love kids to the point of A)wanting to eat them or B)having my head blow up from cuteness, but I really appreciate not having them there as a distraction.
  • Great magazine selection. Again, makes it easy like Sunday morning.
  • They have a rack for you to hang your keys when you go in. And since it's Richmond, no one would be so rude as to steal from you. (As we all know, in Richmond, people won't be rude. They might kill you, but they won't be rude).
Hopefully I've convinced you all to drive straight down there and sign up. I don't even care if you use me as a reference (even though if you do, my name *does* go into a drawing for a "big screen TV.")


No comments: