Sunday, August 06, 2006

Super Sunday of Satisfaction and Sloth!!!

Ross and I had a very good day today. After a wicked fight over whether to go to Fredericksburg to see Matt and Maura (I wanted to go, he didn't, even though they said they'd make him a pie), we decided to mend fences by spending some time together. We spent the first part of the day with Ross is the wonderful but elusive mood of "Let's say yes to everything that Valerie wants to do." So, we went to Perly's for lunch. Then we went to Diversity Thrift to look for stuff for Ross's office and to also gawk at some of the things on sale there (pictures to come later, hopefully). Then came the best part. I suggested we go to the SPCA to look at the dogs, AND HE SAID YES! So we went in, pet the baby puppies who were all stilled drugged from being fixed I think, and then went in the back room to look at all of the big puppies. We say two real German Shepherds names Zeus and Aries who were amazing, as well as many other cute dogs.

After that, we came home, Ross watched Star Trek: The Original Series while I took a nap on the couch. Then we ate Oreos and watched TV in bed with our wonderful pooches. It was a very nice day and I would say it made up for the disagreement that started the day. See, husbands, in order to counteract disappointment, all you have to do is give into every *other* whim of your wife, then all is forgotten. And I think I'm pretty low maintenance if all I want to do is eat some food, look at old furniture, and visit puppies.

No comments: