Monday, August 07, 2006

I turn my boredom into home improvement.

I start to go crazy around the end of July. As Ross and Stephanie know, a lot of times that craziness turns into taking on very courageous organization tasks or projects. This summer has proved to be no different. A couple weeks ago I redid the bathroom. I scraped wallpaper, patched holes, painted, removed flooring, and laid new tile. I also designed, constructed, and installed a mirror.

Apparently that wasn't enough. Early last Thursday morning (at like 3:00am) I decided to paint the downstairs hallway. I didn't have the paint at the time, but I did have painter's tape. Poor Ross woke up to blue lines on the wall that weren't there when he went to bed. I painted the hallway that day, and I must say, it looks awesome.

Tomorrow I will do some painting in our bedroom. We have some cracks in the plaster on the fireplace due to some old water damage, so I'll be spackling and covering that up with some nice accent color.

Later in the week I think I will take some Killz and cover up the water spots that Tropical Storm Gaston left on our ceiling.

I want Ross and my father-in-law to tile the hallway as my birthday present.

Anyway, yeah, if you haven't seen all of the changes, you should come take a look. It's looking pretty good.

School needs to start. Now.

2 comments:

Sus said...

Oh. My. God. I wish for one second I had this much energy. You rock.

Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

oooh valerie, that made me miss you. my mom does the same thing during her teacher summer. i can't wait to see it!