Saturday, August 19, 2006

Don't come to my parties. I make you eat weird things.

So today was Robin's bridal shower. We had a fiesta in honor of her honeymoon in Mexico. There was lots of food and drink, and even some gross Mexican "candy." In leu of the typical shower games, I decided to have a battle of wills, to see who could last the longest with a pickled Chinese plum in their mouth. The plums are pickled, obviously, covered in salt, and are an odd shade of green. These plums are a popular snack with little kids in Mexico, and contain over 9,000 mg of salt per plum. It was a strong showing from all, but Theresa won in the end, lasting a full 15 minutes. She's a dark horse, that one. Everyone else spent the rest of the afternoon guzzling water and showing of their new Martian tongues (I never know how to spell that).

Robin got some good loot and I got many suggestions to start a career in party planning. I now have enough salsa to last the rest of my life, and will never have to buy paper plates or napkins again. Also, if I see a buritto ever again before I die, it will be too soon. Regardless, it was fun and I'd do it again, because she's my sister and she deserved a nice day just for her.

Happy Wedding, Sister! Today was the start of all of the festivities to come! I don't know if I can handle planning your bachelorette party, though. I might be too wholesome for that. But, I mean, I'll come. And drink. And dance. And drink.

1 comment:

Queen of the Jencentric Universe said...

The bridal shower was fabulous! You did such a wonderful job of planning the whole thing, and I have to agree with the other ladies -- you really could plan parties for a living! The food was great, and all of your party decorations were so cute! :-)