Monday, January 02, 2006

So so sad.

Most of you in the Richmond area have probably heard about the murders that took place on New Year's Day in South Richmond. For those of you that haven't, click here. I'll refrain from giving a summary of the horrible events, more for my sake than anyone else's.

We all know that Richmond can be a violent city, but I always considered the violence to be based on people making really bad decisions in the heat of the moment. But this incident required so much planning and calculation that it makes me queasy to think about it. My heart hurts for their family and friends, and particularly for the little girls' friends and classmates who are having to deal with something this horrible way too early in their lives. Please keep all involved in your prayers. Pray for Richmond, too.

1 comment:

Happy and Blue 2 said...

We had a number of violent events occur close to where I live in Canada as well during the holidays.
Very sad..