Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Gavin, I will fight Gwen for you...

I added some songs to the iPod shuffle on Sunday. On a whim, I decided to plunk a little Bush on there, just for kicks. Well, this evening, as I was perusing myspace.com, Glycerin came on the speakers. I literally swooned. A wave of memories of my undying love for Gavin came over me, and I was once again an awkward 14 year old listening to the Buzz in my room, truly convinced that I would one day marry him. I mean, how could a girl resist these lyrics:

must be your skin that i'm sinking in :: must be for real 'cos now i can feel :: and i didn't mind :: it's not my kind :: it's not my time to wonder why :: everything gone white :: and everything's grey :: now you're here now you're away :: i don't want this :: remember that :: i'll never forget where you're at :: don't let the days go by :: glycerine

i'm never alone :: i'm alone all the time :: are you at one :: or do you lie :: we live in a wheel :: where everyone steals :: but when we rise it's like strawberry fields

if i treated you bad :: you bruise my face :: couldn't love you more :: you got a beautiful taste :: don't let the days go by :: could have been easier on you :: i couldn't change though i wanted to :: could have been easier by three :: our old friend fear and you and me :: glycerine :: don't let the days go by :: glycerine

i needed us more :: when we wanted us less :: i could not kiss just regress :: it might just be :: clear simple and plain :: that's just fine :: that's just one of my names :: don't let the days go by :: could've been easier on you :: glycerine


Or this face:


Sigh. I listened to it twice. I guess it really is too late, considering he's married and has a baby on the way. Oh, and I'm married, too.

7 comments:

mbs said...

i thought these days were finally behind us.

Val said...

never.

Robinitaface said...

Never give up your dreams, sis. Never give up your dreams.

Metalmeredith said...

God that is so sweet. I am 33 and it still hits me. It never ends...never. My Grandma still swoons over Sinatra. Never. never. never ends.

Val said...

Just to let you all know, I have a similar physical reaction when I see Leonardo Di Caprio in Romeo and Juliet. I guess I was so emotionally charged between the ages of 14-17 that those reactions cannot be forgotten.

Val said...

Hey, don't even start, hubs. You said you'd be willing to go into outerspace to meet aliens, even of it ment never seeing me again.

mbs said...

haha i feel you buddy.

i don't want to do anything illegal, but i'd kill a man, in front of his own momma. to get that 10-speed.