Sunday, January 01, 2006

Have a New Year!

So this year is off to an amazing start. I spent last night at Blair's house playing Pop-Culture Trivial Pursuit. It was boys against girls and the boys got pwn'd, I must say. I drank my first entire beer, and it turns out that beer makes me bossy.

I woke up at 11:30 today, ate some toast, went back to bed, woke up at 3:30, took a shower, and headed over to Chris from Canada's to partake in the New Year's Turkey Fry. Last New Year's Day, Ross organized the roasting of a pig. This year he successfully orchestrated the frying of a bird in peanut oil. I must say, when that hubby of mine puts his mind to something, he can accomplish anything. Not only that, but this get-together was the ultimate example of worlds colliding-even my sister, who I love, came which was great!

Anyway, I had an awesome time at Chris's and I seriously adore everyone that was there. I'm a little bit in love with each and everyone of them. My heart is exploding with affection for them and with gratitude that I get to call them my friends. So much that I don't mind that I came home to Zapp eating the curtains that my mother custom-made for our dining room.

I hope everyone had a great New Year, and I wish you all many blessings this coming year!

4 comments:

Robinitaface said...

I hate to tell you, but beer really only amplifies personality traits you already display. Bossy.
Love you, Sister!

Happy and Blue 2 said...

Glad you had a fun New Years. And your sister is right, bossy..

Matthew McDonald said...

dude i was gonna come to the turkey fry. then i forgot and then i remembered and then i thought it was too late. and then i watched the notebook.

Val said...

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay