Sunday, April 15, 2007

Wooooo boy

So this has been my first week completely off of Lexapro. I've spent the last few weeks lowering my dosage but last Saturday marked my first time being completely off of it for almost 2 years. Boy howdy am I glad that this week fell during Spring Break and not during a time where I had to, oh I don't know, function in any capacity.

It hasn't been terrible, just odd. The absence of it in my system combined with the antibiotic I was on for bronchitis made me have no appetite whatsoever. I seriously think my stomach shrank. I lost about 6 lbs. in a week. Sure, it's nice to see that on the scale, but it wreaks havoc on your body. It was like all of the systems in my body were freaking out and arguing with each other. Luckily that seems to have balanced out a bit. I actually want to eat and I'm letting myself eat whatever I want at this point so I can feel normal again. I'll worry about eating really well once my brain is balanced back out.

Apparently the best thing for the withdrawal systems is to just sleep. When you're sleeping you're not aware of the craziness going on, and part of the withdrawal is being exhausted, so I guess it works out. I'm a little nervous about having to go back to work tomorrow. I have yet to deal with actual stress without medicinal help in quite a long time. By the grace of God, however, we have a few relatively normal weeks coming up so I can ease back into the chaos.

Prayers for an easy transition would be appreciated. I'm having a hard time with the fact that there is a very real possibility that this won't work and I'll have to go back on it or some variation of it. And by hard time I mean breaking down into tears in line at Wal-Mart with poor Ross having no clue what's going on.

3 comments:

Robinitaface said...

Just breathe. Yoga is your friend. And don't hit any of the children. It's against the law.

Love you.

ALF said...

yeah, especially don't punch them...even if they tear off your scab...

Dr Jones said...

sister, you'll be alright. I'm very happy that you've decided to try out being not medicated. Just realize, that if you have to go back on some sort of meds, it's no fault or failure on your part. You're brain may just be wired funny. But until that day, just take each day for what it is. Don't try to get through them any faster than they already go. But do remember, that each day is a new day and a new chance to reaffirm your attitude. BTW, Dave wants to know when you're coming in with your next tattoo idea for him.