Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Update-o de Life-o

Sooo I didn't get the integrator job. I was upset for all of 2 minutes because I realized it was really a cop-out and the safe route for me to take. If I want to branch out, I need to really branch out.

What was waaaaay harder than I thought was telling my wonderful principal that I'm still not coming back next year even though I didn't get the job. She had such wonderful things to say to me, that she was sorry to see me go but was proud of me and excited for me. It's going to be really hard to leave the people I work with, but it needs to happen. At this point I really want to come back to teaching at some point, but I just need a break.

Thus the frantic job search begins. It seems that none of the people I've applied with are as frantic to hire me as I am to get hired. Oh well, someone will realize how fabulous and smart I am at some point. All I can say is that last week gave me some major perspective on life and this whole situation is in no way a bad one.

Keep your little fingers crossed, Internets!

1 comment:

Bryan Harris said...

Good for you. As one who has made the same leap of faith, I can tell you it's most likely a much shorter jump than you think. If I had a million dollars, I'd hire you for something.