Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Blame

I don't understand why people are choosing to assign blame to VT administration and law enforcement for this tragedy. I cannot stand how people are choosing to play Monday morning quarterback about this. It is so inappropriate and uncalled for. Obviously, VT has taken steps towards an investigation by asking Gov. Kaine to appoint a team to look into what happened. A call needed to be made and they made it. We cannot fault them for that.

The person to blame is dead. No one else is responsible for this. And what really gets me is that it seems the people doing the majority of the finger pointing are not even the ones who have truly suffered.

4 comments:

ALF said...

I AGREE!!!

Anonymous said...

totally, preach on sista

Unknown said...

Nancy Grace did a horrible report on it this morning. It made me want to put my fist through a wall.

Susan Howson said...

Do you ever wonder if people are being so crazy about finger-pointing because the killer took his own life, so therefore we have no one to punish? I was thinking about that, and how I feel guilty wishing he was still alive, so we could execute him.

Also in these blame situations, it's like, no one knows about the steps that were taken to protect the students from other dangers across the years - because the protection worked and the dangers didn't happen! I feel so bad for the authorities involved.

ALSO, NBC sucks and we shouldn't send the message that if you kill a bunch of people to get your message across, we will get that message across!