Monday, April 23, 2007

SO VERY EXCITING.

Ross does not like to spend money. At all. Even on necessities, i.e. milk and bread. He figures there is just something else in the pantry to eat. He doesn't understand that I am from Richmond and if you don't have milk and bread, you might as well throw yourself off the Mayo bridge while yelling "It's Po-white!" and "It's not the heat, it's the humidity!"

However, I came home from working out today (2 hours, friends. 2 hours of the working out.) and Ross said, "Do you want to buy you a new computer tonight?"

Left was right. Up was down. The heavens opened and God shot me double-finger-guns and a wink.

I paused and then calmly, very calmly said, "Ok," being careful to hide any excitement as not to scare him back into his hole where he sits and count his gold bars.

A little back story. I got the blue screen of death on my laptop the other night. This laptop (a graduation gift to ME from my in-laws) has been through much. Specifically ScottPharr and some water, as well as constant jacking-up from Ross who can't just leave things alone. This is not to say that Ross broke the computer. It's just that we've been through much together.

Anyway, I figured that I was screwed and I just wasn't going to get another computer until blah-blah-blah released the new blah-blah-blah in June. I was not happy.

But then I remembered that the thing that needed to be bought was smooth and shiny. How silly of me to think that this would wait! We have needed a new furnace since 2003, but furnaces aren't sleekly designed! This was a *need.* And when you need something, it's a responsibility.

Thus, tonight, we made us a purchase. Actually, we made me a purchase that Ross has promised not to touch even though he was nice enough to initiate the whole thing. Thanks to some extra miserly ways in the past, we are somehow able to afford a lovely, lovely MacBook that will arrive in 5 business days.

I. am. so. excited.

3 comments:

Maura said...

Oooo, I am so jealous!

Justin said...

Seriously me too. I've wanted a mac since like forever. I'm keeping myself occupied with linux in the meantime, but I don't know how much longer I can hold myself in check.

Oh also fyi everyone who has written this blog post or commented so far: I bought an amazing shirt this weekend and got compliments on it today at work. Yes, a girl picked it out. But I knew enough to know it was right.

Anonymous said...

i heart my mac