Sunday, April 22, 2007

Babytown heaven

There was a baby explosion at church today. We have been talking about starting child care during the services, but it had never been an issue. I am actually the person who is supposed to be coordinating it, but as of last week we had one child at church who was only 3 weeks old so it wasn't a big deal.

However, today we were blessed with several little ones. Lots of people said that hearing babies coo and little kids whispering made it seem more like church. Halfway through the service we made an announcement that child care would be available starting immediately. I got to spend the rest of the service with a sweet and adorable little friend while her mom got to sit with her husband and enjoy the service.

I loved being able to do that for her and I can't wait to see other members of our church serve in that way. But I like being with the little ones for purely selfish reasons. I get so much joy from comforting them or making them laugh. It's seriously addictive and exactly what I needed after this very, very long and rough week. It was wonderful being at church and getting to see all of their little faces. To me, God is never more present than with a child.

Many blessings to those little ones tonight and I hope I get to see them all next week.

1 comment:

Maura said...

I had a dream last night that you had two babies. They just appeared suddenly, without warning or gestation, one was two years old.