Thursday, April 26, 2007

Just all kinds of wonderful nonsense

I got into a stand-off with a K or 1st grader today. As in the staring contest variety. It's really quite shocking how gutsy some of these little ones are. And how I seem to be able to transform a stubborn child into a mooshy pile of slobbery tears just by looking at him. I kinda feel bad about it. No I don't.

I'm having trouble sleeping because I'm so excited about the arrival of my new, beautiful, delicious computer. I am naming him Boots because that's what I always wanted to name a kitten if I ever got one and I know I'm not getting ever because Ross has a black, black heart. So, the MacBook will have to do. I'll take pictures of Boots and post them as soon as he arrives. It's crazy because I'll *use* Boots to post *pictures* of Boots. It's a crazy, upside-down world we live in.

I got to have burritos tonight. We (meaning me and my awesome friends) call them "byou-reetohs" (as in with a long u) because my friend Matt's wonderful mother calls them that and I think it's effing adorable. I don't know if she realizes that she calls them that, but I love it. I think of her whenever I eat them...which is a lot. I know you're reading this, Nancy Schneider and we love and miss you!

Tomorrow is Friday and that is fabulous beyond compare. Except we have to dress nicely because of some top-secret visitors at our staff meeting. This could be extremely exciting or extremely anti-climactic.

Jane gave me a pattern and some yum yarn to knit this. I seem to have lost all patience for, well, everything really and I've had a hard time starting it. The yarn is so thin I almost can't handle it but it's so nice. Maybe I should double it up. Jane? Help?

Saturday morning is the day of Remus. He will be arriving at my house early for much playing and snuggling. My mother will also be bringing her new puppy over. A baby AND a puppy. Ross will be running for the hills and I will collapse from all of the heaven in my house.

1 comment:

ALF said...

Doug also used to not like cats...that is until we got one. Now he loves her. If Ross won't "let" you get a cat, then he is lame.