Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Tattoo #2

Ever since I got my first tattoo, all I've wanted to do is get another one. A lot of people have asked me what I would get. Here's a sneak peak:

No, I wouldn't get the whole cover. I want to just get the bird. I chose this because this book changed my life. I seriously cry every time I read it. It showed me that it is possible to be a proud Southerner without taking on all of the stereotypes people attach to that. I think it articulates growing up in the South better than any other book I've ever read. It shows the beautiful and hilarious relationship that siblings have with one another, too. Since I love my siblings more than anyone else ever will (sorry Jen and Matt), I clearly connected with this aspect of the story. Also, Atticus Finch is one of my heroes and I hope to be the kind of parent he is.

As you can see, it means a lot to me. I would love to have a piece of it with me always.

P.S. Thanks to Mrs. Klein, my freshman English teacher. I read this book in her class. We would talk about it all the time and she'd cry right along with me.

1 comment:

Susan Howson said...

WTF! Awesome! I'm getting a tattoo that is loosely based on The Natural, you know the Robert Redford amazing baseball movie, and I dread having to explain that to people. Will you write me a one paragraph description as intelligent as that that I can just hand out on cards?