Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Churning

There is so much to be stressed about today. The kids take their first part of their SOL Writing test. This part of teaching is incredibly hard because as much work you put in to preparing them, it's up to them to do it. On top of that, they are still dealing with the aftershocks of the recent tragedy in our school and its surrounding neighborhoods. To update you on that, the little girl has been transported to Shriners Hospital in Ohio. She is badly burned but fortunately unconscious, so she's not feeling anything.

Also, my interview is todaya t 1:40. I haven't had to do anything like this in a long time and the familiar stomach ache, nervous shaking, and overall feelings of mediocrity are starting to take over. I know I will be fine once I get in there, but I don't do well with anticipation. I'm ok with whether I get it or not, but quite frankly, I don't like it when people are looking at/evaluating me. The whole interview is only supposed to take 20 minutes. It will all be over by 2:00. Then I can go to the gym and watch Dr. Phil while I workout. Just gotta get to that point.

Ross and the PharrOut crew also have a big presentation today. He's not used to having to actually "talk" so he was a little nervous. I just told him to cut back on saying "I mean..." before every sentence and he should be fine.

I'm hoping there will be much celebration in the Catrow House once this day is over. We lead a very quiet life, so today is a big deal for us. I'm just ready to have it all been done, get in bed, watch Nip/Tuck, and snuggle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you'll do great! :)

J in Ric said...

good luck and hope everything went well today
:)