Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Guess what I got.

That's right. I got my tattoo last night. Love it or hate it, friends, it's there and it's beautiful. I don't have a picture yet but Ross will upload one to www.haduken.com later today, so be sure to check it out there.

All in all, it wasn't too bad getting it. The thing that made the most nervous was just sitting there, waiting to see what it was going to feel like. Once I felt it, I was like, "Ok, I can deal with this." Some of the pictures seriously look like I'm in labor because I just took deep breaths the whole time. But there was no crying, no squealing, no yelling, so that's good. The best way I can describe it is getting a bunch of bee stings over and over again for about an hour. I mean, the feeling sucks but you know that it's nothing you can't handle.

So there, I did it. I feel brave and beautiful and mom was just plain giddy about it when I told her. Ross was awesome. He held my hand the whole time and told me how good it was looking. And, this is the best part: My darling brother-in-law (who, with my sister, orchestrated this whole thing) told me stories about pirates to get my mind off of the pain AND had already gotten me the necessary unscented soap to keep my new artwork clean. What a guy.

4 comments:

Maura said...

ooo, hot.

Anonymous said...

ok, i just saw the pic and i need more info....what size is it exactly. it looks very pink? exact placement? i thought you were getting it on the bottom of your foot like a barbie.

do tell.

Val said...

Phannie,

I was only kidding about the bottom of the foot part. It's on my right side and it's about 3" x 5" I guess. It is very pink because I'm a girl and girls like pink.

Anonymous said...

just saw the pic.... that is freakin awesome! way to go.