Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Crucial update

I know that all of you are just tolerating this election coverage to keep yourselves busy until I finally blessed you all with an update on the knitting. Alas, wait no more.

I am totally and completely addicted to it. I knit ALL THE TIME. Ask anyone who has stopped by my house-I answer the door knitting. I cannot leave the house without getting another row in.

Despite my addiction to it, I haven't been very productive. I've knitted one regular scarf with an interesting pattern. I also just finished another scarf that involves buttons. I will post pictures once I remember to ask Ross to take them.

After mastering the rectangle, I decided I could knit a hat. I wanted to start out by knitting a hat for my good friend Remus who is 8 months old and has a small head. With the first one, I completely didn't understand the concept of decreasing and effed the whole thing up. As Stitch 'n' Bitch says, sometimes you need to know when to pull it out. I didn't even pull it out. I threw it away. After consulting Kate and my knitting instruction book for the 98798689 time, I tried again. This time I got the decreasing and made just about the cutest hat ever. However, I wasn't completely satisfied with the finishing, so at 6:45 this morning, I decided it would be a good idea to slip the seams out and start over. I ended up snipping something that I shouldn't have and messed it up beyond repair. Ross said he was disappointed in my because I couldn't leave well-enough alone.

Today I started knitting another hat. I have no clue who it is for, except that they will have a smaller head than me. I am confident that this one will be a success.

Night, kids.

2 comments:

Robinitaface said...

I love you.

Justin said...

Someone needs to re-teach me how to cast on. I might just need to see it to remember. Until then I feel like a failure.