Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Are there tire tracks on my back?

It's only Tuesday and I already feel like I'm about to collapse. I went home last Thursday because I got sick at school and I haven't felt great since then. This weekend was rough because of family issues. I have a meeting every morning this week, requiring me to get my butt out of the house, scramble to get myself situated in the classroom, and then head off to 45 minutes of county-mandated (read: irrelevant) meetings. I'm trying some new things in my reading class which are turning out to be really fun for the kids AND me, but planning them is like reinventing the wheel and significantly more time-consuming. I double-booked conferences this afternoon cause I'm awesome and felt really bad. Luckily the parents were great about it, but I still felt bad about it. Money is also going to be tight soon so I'm thinking I might need to start tutoring or babysitting pretty regularly to give us some breathing room budget-wise. I know none of these things is by any means a big deal, but I find it hard to be happy or positive when I have so many things pulling at me. I need to go lie down because my stomach is acting up again. This will make it much easier for the truck that is this week to run me over again.

No comments: