Thursday, November 16, 2006

Bad day.

At one point today, I actually curled up in a ball on the floor of my classroom in front of my children. Here was the conversation that lead to it:

Me: Now, guys, when you do this worksheet on the story, make sure you put the page numbers next to your answer so I can see that you used your book.

Student A: Why do we need to put page numbers?

Me: So I can see that you used your book.

Student B: Do we need our book to do this worksheet?

Me: Yes. Otherwise you won’t get the answers right.

Student C: Do we need to put the page numbers next to the answers?

Me: (collapses to the floor)


On top of that, I had oatmeal for lunch for the third day in a row. As we are poor, I’m trying to eat all of the food I have stored in my desk during my lunches, rather than buying anything. At all. Like even groceries. Oatmeal for lunch makes me grumpy. And constipated. There, I said it.

I miss my Maura, too. I haven’t seen her in weeks. She went to California and I didn’t even know it.

I don’t want James and Jennifer to move to Scotland. I fully support their call to ministry and pray that they be successful. That doesn’t mean that I have to like them being gone.

I can’t figure out my hair. It’s like I forgot what it’s like to have short hair. I think I just look like a boy. With big boobs that make my back hurt.

I have a conference this afternoon with a great parent, but she loves to talk. After that, I go pick up the hubs, and we have to go to the grocery store which I hate to do after work. Then I get to go to class and see the guy who asked me out on a date last class. At least I have my knitting to do.

Also, I’m getting really sick of seeing people in stores and the like who seem to have no idea how children/babies work. Why do these people get to have babies? I know how babies work, yet I have none.

Whine, whine, whine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why are you poor? in 2003, an average teacher's salary was $29,564.

Anonymous said...

... and your husband spends completely unreasonable amounts of money on game consoles... you own a house... two dogs... and you whine about that you are poor?

Val said...

First of all, my husband never spends money, so $250 every 2 years is not that bad. Second, my house payment is less than most people's rent and I am nowhere near owning it. Third, we got the two dogs before we got into the poor situation. And I completely acknowledged that I was whining. So you, Ms./Mr. Crabby-Pants are assuming many things. And we all know what that does.