Friday, May 26, 2006

Wrapping things up

Today we made our annual trip to the middle school my kids will be attending next year. They get to walk around the building, try opening lockers, and watch lame-o skits that I love because my former students are in them. Seeing them walk into the building with bubbling excitement and wide-eyed fear really brings home the fact that school is almost over. This year has gone by so fast, and while, I'm ready to say goodbye, part of me is worried that I haven't prepared them enough for the demands of being a 6th grader. As we got back to school, one of the kids asked me if we were still having recess (typically their only concern if there is a change in our schedule). To him I replied, "Yes, and it's one of your last ones ever, so make sure you enjoy it."

No comments: