Saturday, May 06, 2006

What an awesome day.

I woke up at 10:30 this morning to be greeted by my mother-in-law plugging away in our little front yard. Ever since the hole fiasco, she has been adamant that we get that little patch of land cleaned up. Well, thanks to Nic, the whole got filled in a few weeks ago and a few plants were added. However, my MIL decided to take things further and create a bonafide flower bed out there. She dug, she pulled, she tilled, she trimmed, she planted, and she got more work done in 3 hours than I would have in 3 months.

After the majority of the sweat-labor was done, we all went to lunch at Ginger, which is insanely awesome. The whole time at lunch, the MIL kept saying, "We're going to finish this today. We're not going to let it sit." She knows us too well. See, Ross and I aren't bothered by much, so the crappy front yard really didn't get to us. However, we were not going to fight her-she was adamant that we finish the job today. And Ross and I will do what you tell us to, we're just not ones to take initiative unless absolutely necessary. So anyway, after treating us to some mulch and another hose, the in-laws went back with us to the house and got down to business. In no time we had a beautiful (and mulched) flower bed, mowed grass, and a clean porch. I can't even believe it and neither will you if you come by to see it.

To reward ourselves for Ross's parents' hard work, the hubs and I then sat down to watch Deliverance and Narnia. Quite a mix, but both really good. Now I'm upstairs cuddling with pup #1, while Ross is watching TNG downstairs. All in all, we're quite content at the moment and grateful for such a good day.

No comments: