Thursday, May 04, 2006

Little kids are awesome.

My mentor teacher, Janie, takes care of this little girl a couple times a week. Her name is Abby and she's three. Abby's mom has been dropping her off at my school every Tuesday and Thursday for the past 2 1/2 years. I watched her change from a little baby to a walking, talking person. Abby loves to say hello to Gary the Gerbil, make fingerprints, eat Laffy Taffy, and figure out which chairs are just the right size for her. I always stay a little late on these days just to chat with Janie and be a witness to Abby's cuteness. Even though I've been around Abby for a while, she's not one of these children who just run up and hug anyone-she's selective. Well, today, Abby and I had a breakthrough. Not only did she ask me to pick her up, she gave me a hug when we said goodbye. I felt like I had won a gold medal or something. It was a great ending to what had been a much better day than yesterday and the day before. Thank God for the little ones.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i heart the name abby

Val said...

And she's THE CUTEST child ever.

Anonymous said...

ahheem... Josh.

Val said...

Fine. The cutest girl ever.