Sunday, May 21, 2006

This weekend

Friday: Ross and I got Wendy's for dinner. We both sooned realized that our recent separation from fast food due to our teensy budget has rendered our systems intolerant of it. I guess that's a good thing. We then went to Barnes and Noble where Ross used part of a gift card to buy me a book. What a guy =)

Saturday: I met up with Ross at Gallery 5 to take part in his RVA Bloggers meet up. It was pretty cool, but he seemed disappointed because he didn't think enough people showed up. I also got bitten buy the owner's pet squirrel, peanut, while I was there. I then met up with Stephanie and Kate to have a 3:30 lunch at 3 Monkeys. The waitress hated me because I ordered a roast beef and turkey sandwich without the roast beef. The three of us then went out to Short Pump where I succeeded in buing nothing. We then returned to the city to get ready to go out for Steph's birthday. I started getting ready at 8:30, a time when I'm normally getting ready for bed. We finally made out to bar by 11:00, where we proceeded to dance in an exceptionally crowded (I'm sure to the point where it was illegal) room where I got burned by the cigarette being held by the young gentleman who attempted to dry hump Kate, whose face he hadn't even seen yet, mind you. Oh, the single scene. Let's just say, I'm glad I was only visiting it.

Sunday: I got home from Steph's bday festivities at 1:30 and waited up for Ross to get back from having his love affair with Matt White. Since I hadn't been up that late since about sophmore year of college, my system was shocked and needed me to sleep until 12:30. Which I did. I dragged my unshowered self to the store. Once home, I was carrying bags to the porch as a wasp flew up my right pant leg and proceeded to sting me. I dropped my bags on the sidewalk, and starting banging on the door for Ross to let me in. If he had taken three seconds longer, I would have stripped off my pants right there on the porch. But, hey, I found out that I am not allergic to wasp stings, something my mother was always afraid that I was for some reason. So I need to call her and tell her that. The lesson I learned is that getting stung sucks, especially when it's happening inside of your pants.

Almost Monday morning: I am now typing this because my excessive sleeping has left me unable to drift off. The Science SOL test is Thursday, so of course all I'm thinking about is that. And thinking about how I'm not asleep and I should be. I'm sure articulating my fears and reading about them over and over will help, too. Crap. Good night.

4 comments:

Robinitaface said...

If it makes you feel any better...A few weeks ago, I got stung by a wasp - on my EYELID. Will explain later. I'm not allergic to them either.

Alicia said...

Dan & I also went to 3 Monkeys after the RVA blog thing.

Anonymous said...

"We finally made out [to bar] by 11:00"

way to go!

Val said...

I just realized how many typos were in this post. I WAS STILL DRUNK!