Monday, May 22, 2006

Various joys

Ross and I got our refund from the good ol' national government, and it looks like we'll be able to use it to fund our anniversary trip at the beginning of June. We are going here in Asheville and I'm super excited. I was a little nervous, what with the cost of the room, food, and gas, but it looks like things won't be too tight. I'm really looking forward to having my hubs all to myself, too.

We have our first SOL test on Thursday. We are taking Science first, which is good, because it's usually saved for last when the kids' brains are sufficiently fried. Then they have the long weekend, and finish up on Thursday and Friday of next week. My kids asked me if they could just take it today because they feel ready. I guess that's a good sign. I'm feeling ok about the Science test right now because I have basically taught all of the material twice this year. The rest is up to them. They are lazy most of the time but seem to know when it's time to step up.

Ross is making delicious hamburgers tonight and I'm very excited. And we get to watch The Squid and the Whale which I've been wanting to see.

Countdowns:
Science test - 2 days
Reading test - 9 days
Anniversary trip - 18 days
School's out - 25 days
Dominican Republic - 26 days

No comments: