Friday, September 29, 2006

Very tired, calm, and looking forward to the weekend.

It has been a good but long week. Yesterday brought with it lots of drama at school (thankfully none of it involving my class), requiring a lock down in our part of the building and a visit from the police to remove a parent from the premises. But, my kids have been great and hopefully we’ll have a good day. They are usually pretty mellow on Fridays. I think they feel the strain of the week, too, and look forward to the weekend for the same reasons I do.

Kate and Jennifer taught me how to knit on Wednesday, and it’s all I want to do now. I’m in the process of knitting a beautiful rectangle. It’s really wobbly and kind of gross looking at the end where I started, but it’s starting to even out as I get better. My professor at J. Sarg allowed me to knit all through class last night because apparently he is awesome. I paid excellent attention and could probably tell you all you want to know about salinity and density.

This weekend should be nice and mellow. I get a haircut this afternoon, which I’m sure will be followed by a nice long nap. I think I’m going to start knitting an actual scarf this weekend while Ross watches VT play Georgia Tech. Hopefully we’ll get to see Ross’s parents this weekend. I’m really craving the Southern Fried Chicken, green beans, and mashed potatoes from the Hill CafĂ©. Keep your fingers crossed that we get a double dinner date with them. The only thing I *have* to do is some laundry and vacuum upstairs.

October starts on Sunday, which means my birthday is so soon. I’m turning 25, which I think is awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That you think turning 25 is awesome is ironic, right?!?