Friday, September 08, 2006

Things that are irritating.

I've recently begun to experience what "normal" people feel when they are irritated. Pre-Meds, I would have a physical reaction to being irritated and fixate on it for days. Now, I just think, "Man, that's irritating." It's quite a breakthrough.

In honor of my new-found normalcy, I thought I'd list a few things that are irritating to me...

1. People who toss cigarette butts on the ground or out of the car window. This is littering in every possible way. There is no justification for it. Please stop.

2. Chronic lateness.

3. People who spell it "definately" rather than "definitely."

4. When people say "I wish I was." It's "I wish I were."

5. Errands

6. Dust

7. When old people say, "It's five o'clock somewhere."

8. Frat boys. Well, just the loud ones who remind me of after-school specials about date-rape.

9. Victory Nissan commercials. True Richmonders know what I mean.

10. Vanilla anything: candles, lotion, perfume, anything

11. French accents

12. How sweaters get those fuzzy, little pilly things on them

13. People misquoting movies in large groups when everyone is listening to them. If you're not absolutely sure that you've got it right (as in, you've looked it up on the internet), don't say it.

14. Pie crust

15. Children running around public places, subjecting us all to the choas to which their parents have become numb.

What about you?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta' go against you on the pie crust. Mmmmm.... crushed up graham crackers with melter butter and sugar....mmmmmmm

If I may append your list:

* people who dunk their heads in cheap cologne/perfume before heading into work

* everyone on the 195/I95 North interchange at 5 o'clock everyday. Hint: Both left lanes end abruptly - GET OVER PEOPLE!!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I was as awesome as you. OOOO SNAPP.

Robinitaface said...

What about edible vanilla things such as ice cream or wafers? You know, the form in which vanilla was intended. Food. Is this an aversion to false vanilla, or a total vanilla irritation?

Bill Garnett said...

How about people who walk around in public carrying on cell phone conversations that are loud enough to intrude on those around them?

Dr Jones said...

the word "conversating". it's "conversing"

Bill Garnett said...

And, add people who nitpick about words rather than intents -- just where did you see "conversating"?

Val said...

No, no we must nitpick because that's how we've gotten to the point where people take the English language and stomp all over it.

I hear the word "conversating" ALL the time and it drives me nuts.

Another word that makes me skin crawl: "mines." As in, "Those pencils are mines." WTF.

Because no one chooses to correct people when they say things like that, I spend most of my day making children repeat themselves using correct grammar and real words so they understand the importance of good communication.