Monday, July 24, 2006

The Ultimate Sacrifice.

I hit a new low today. I have got baby fever to the max. I'm ready. I'm over thinking about myself and just worrying about me. I'm ready to move on in life and be responsible for a child, to take care of someone and raise them in a way that will allow them to make a positive contribution to the world. I look at children as a responsibility given to you by God. It's like He's saying, "Here, this is mine. Please take care of it for me." I'm ready to gladly accept the challenge. But, we're both not there yet, and if you're both not ready, then you're not ready period. It's obviously not the time and I need to deal with it. Easier said than done, but I'm working on it.

Anyway, Ross is being awesome about the whole thing. He's being supportive and loving and understanding. And tonight he took me to Friendly's for dinner. He hates Friendly's. Most people do. I, however, love Friendly's. Not for ice cream, but for a full, sit down dinner. I ordered the same thing I've been ordering there since I learned how to speak. It was glorious. And Ross let me get a soda, too, even though sodas at restaurants cost $1.50. It's these small things that show me how just wants me to be happy, and I love him for it so much.

I got a wonderful email from my friend Stephanie today, helping me out with this whole baby thing. She said:
Hello my dear friend
This morning in the shower, which is where I do my best thinking as you may already know, I was thinking of you and our conversation last night. I think you are right where you need to be. You can do a lot of things without guys as I well know, however you can't make a baby without one. I think there is a pretty good reason for that. I think God has a very special time for your baby when it will have the best dad it can have. Ross isn't going to be the best dad ever until he thinks he can be, whether that be tomorrow afternoon or 5 years from now. Either way you will have a beautiful baby that will be spoiled by me. I think those are all the wise words I have for this morning. Have a lovely Monday. Day is coming up here on Friday night, feel free to jump in the car with her!....once you have a baby you can't do that you know.

Love,
Stephanie


For someone so small, she is very wise. Anyway, she's right. Completely and totally. When the time comes, my wonderful husband will be the best dad ever and our children will be very lucky. I mean, he went to Friendly's, for Pete's sake, and he did that for me. Can you imagine what he would do for his own children? I'm a lucky lady.

2 comments:

Dr Jones said...

you are right to wait, and I get the feeling you'll be having kids before you know it. besides, take your time. once you have kids your couple time is over. enjoy each other now. you'll never get these days back.

Anonymous said...

i feel so cool that i made it to your blog...but who are you calling small?!?