Saturday, July 01, 2006

Babytown, USA

I got to babysit for Remus, the insanely adorable 4 month-old belonging to Mark and Jen, this evening. I spent my night feeding, changing, bathing, and soothing the somewhat fussy child, and I loved loved loved every single second of it. For some reason I am not at all bothered by the mess or the crying that comes with being around babies. I think it's because I like that I know how to fix it and I know how to make everything ok for them again. Plus, if I do say so myself (and I do), I'm pretty darn good at making them laugh A LOT. So, I go to sleep tonight feeling good about myself and grateful that I have a new little friend. I mean, he better consider me his friend. After all, he chewed on my hand for two hours, spit up on me, and I still wanna hang out with him.

P.S. If you or anyone you know needs a babysitter, let me know. I am not crazy and I have references. And I need money because I am Ross's sugar-mama.

1 comment:

J in Ric said...

Valeree - are you serious about the babysitting thing? I know its weird to ask for babysitting from a stranger on the web - but the wife and I read through your blog all the time... so we feel like we know ya. My email is jorge dot salgado at gmail if you are interested. Talk to you soon!