Thursday, April 20, 2006

Taco Bell Sh*t Lady

After equally exhausting days, Ross and I decided that we deserved to splurge and get ourselves some Taco Bell. This is always exciting because, as we are poor, even the cheapest of dinners out feels like extreme decadence. As we were waiting for our food at the drive through window, the repeatedly heard the lady working there saying sh*t, I think because the person who ordered after us wasn't specifying if he wanted regular lemonade or pink lemonade. I'm sure she was having a rough day, and I imagine that working at Taco Bell bites the big one, but is cussing in your place of work (that also happens to be a place where people bring their children) really necessary? I understand cussing under your breath or in the privacy of your own home, but she didn't even try to disguise it. It was just sh*t, sh*t, sh*t all over the place. It took all I had to not park the car and go in to speak to the manager. If I were her boss and I heard her saying that, I would fire her on the spot. But that's just me, and I'm kinda crazy insane.

Sorry about the annoying *'s but I need to do that incase one of my kids walks up on me at work. While I'm reading my own blog. Yeah, that's right. I read my own. A lot.

3 comments:

mbs said...

i cuss all the time at work.

Val said...

But it's your job is not in a public place. You are not an ambassador of tex-mex cuisine to the masses.

Maura said...

I mean, it's Taco Bell, I'd probably cuss a lot if I worked there - I'm sure it's high on the stress contiuum and low on the respect contiuum.

But I also don't think cussing is a very big deal.