Tuesday, October 11, 2005

My Pal Sid

On June 30th of this year, my cousin Jennifer and her husband Steve welcomed their first child into the world: Sidney Paige Walters. This is the first grandchild for both sets of grandparents, and Jen was the first of the cousins to have a kid, so naturally Sidney is spoiled beyond belief. But, I think after you look at these pictures you will understand why she has us all under her spell.

She has an amazing sense of humor.

Her hair (and spirit) will not be tamed by a little pink bow.

She is friend to those of the 4-legged variety.

And last, but certainly not least.....

Well, I have no idea what to say about this, other than that it's hilarious.

Quite honestly, I'm quite nervous about having a child now. But not because of the pain and unfathomable responsibility, but rather that my kid will never be able to meet Sid's cuteness. I mean, he/she is pretty much guaranteed to have infinitely lamer hair.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

when i was a kid my hair did that but only in the back, my parents tried everything to slick it down with no success.

Anonymous said...

also, your baby is going to be frikin gorgeous, I mean come on.

Unknown said...

Yeah seriously, your baby is going to be freakin gorgeous Val.

Val said...

Aww thanks =)