Monday, October 31, 2005

First the Branch Davidians, now this...

I'm TOTALLY going to hell for mocking this in anyway, but I can't resist. And anyway, I've never claimed to be perfect, so I'll just pray for forgiveness tonight. Apparently last Sunday, Rev. Kyle Lake of University Baptist Church in Waco, Texas, died after adjusting a microphone while partially submerged in a baptismal pool. The charismatic leader was describe by one church member as being "really smart." Hmmmmmmm. I mean, I'm sure it was just a reflex thing, ya know, you see the congregation straining to hear you and you naturally reach out to make a technical adjustment. But come on. Water + Wires = Death and you don't need to go to no church to figure that out, I tell you what. Just read the little tag wrapped around your hair dryer cord and you're pretty much set. Ok, I'm done. I'm a jerk.

3 comments:

Daniel said...

Yeah, I understand why it sounds like he did something stupid. But pastors hold microphones in baptismals a lot. I'm told at UBC that it was the normal practice. But it seems that this time there was a power surge or something with the mic. I'l guarentee you they won't use mics in the baptismal anymore.

Anonymous said...

i'm glad your blog is work safe again.

Val said...

Haha yeah sorry about that.