Monday, October 03, 2005

Birthday countdown

In just 20 days I will be 24! While the day of my birth is reason enough to celebrate, I consulted this place to find out if there were any other special occasions to make my day oh so much sweeter. Here are some hilights of that fabulous 23rd day in October:

42 B.C. Brutus commits suicide. Not sure how they know this or if it is appropriate to celebrate it, but I'll take it.

1925: Johnny Carson is born. Uh hello. I win.

1942: Michael Crichton is born. Where would dinosaurs be without him?

1971: Disney World opened. It is a small world afterall.

So there you have it. A Roman did away with himself, a pop-icon and a literary geeeeeeeenius were born, and the wonderful world of over-priced theme parks blossomed, all on the day of my birth. But seriously, do any of those events even come close to that heavenly day in 1981 here in Richmond, VA. I think not, my friends. I think not.

No comments: