Saturday, October 15, 2005

My crazy-a** dream

After a lovely breakfast at CanCan with the hubs and the in-laws, settled down for a long autumn's nap before our schedule trip to FXburg. Apparently I was in dire need for such a rest because I passed out for multiple hours and had one effing crazy dream.

It all started with a very loud fight between my mother and my brother. They were yelling and screaming and Ross and I were just sitting there very awkwardly. Suddenly, my brother looked outside and said, "Hey, look! There's a rabbit!" My mother and brother then decided that the best way for them to reconnect and stop fighting would be to kill the rabbit together. So my mother grabbed a pillowcase and they stalked outside to catch the little guy. They trapped him in the pillowcase AND THEN BROKE HIS NECK. Stunned, Ross and I went home and found one of my students, Makia, sitting on our porch with a suitcase. He said he came to live with us because Anson (someone from high school who obviously has no connection to this child) wouldn't let him play video games anymore. To this we just nodded and welcomed him inside for a nice dinner and started our life together as a new, interracial family.

This dream could mean several things:
a) I subconsciously think my mother and brother are capable of killing small mammals with their bare hands.

b) Deep down, I want Makia to come and be part of our family.

c) I need to not be such a whacko.

What do you think?

No comments: