Thursday, March 02, 2006

T-5/6 Days until the Writing Test

On Tuesday of next week my children will take the multiple choice section of the VASOL Writing Test. On Wednesday they will take the direct writing section, requiring them to compose a piece of their own. Please keep following thoughts in your mind for us as these days approach:

1. That all of my children get sleep the night(s) before the test(s).
2. That they all eat breakfast.
3. That no one misses the bus.
4. That everyone comes to school, even if they are vomitting all over the place. We do have buckets if such mishaps do occur.
5. That my children finally develop an understanding of the differences between your and you're; two, to, and, too; its and it's, and wear and where.
6. That my children have lost the urge to drop "capital bombs" in the middle of words.
7. That Kevin will use the allowed dictionary.
8. That a certain child will transfer by then.
9. That another child will come back from transferring.
10. That I don't strangle them all as we make our final preparations for this uneccesarily stressful event.

Who hearts public education?!?!?!?!?!/?!!!!11?!?!?/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If your students are at all like mine, I would also urge you to hope that no one farts during the test, either.

-- John

Val said...

Oh, I'm sure some of them are planning that already.